Wednesday, August 13, 2008

All Things Come And, Unfortunately, Go

I have mentioned on my blog that I have several cats. Five to be exact. Well, not anymore. My six-year-old cat, Sabrina, died Friday morning when we took her to the vet to be put to sleep. It was my choice whether we take her or not, and it was a hard one. She started showing signs of being sick over a month ago. We took her to the vet twice, she was gone for ten days after the second vet visit because we let her out because she was responding so well to the antibiotics, miraculously, she came back. I begged God to heal her, but He decided her time was over. I decided it was the humane thing to do to let her go. I was allowed a few minutes with her before the vet would put her to sleep. She just looked at me as if saying goodbye and thank you for a good life. It may sound dumb to get emotional over a cat, but she was more than that to me. She was a great friend.

Sabrina always had a special way of rubbing against my legs when she wanted to get petted. When she was happy and content she would stick her claws in me a little bit over and over again. That was her way of telling me that she was happy and overjoyed. I woke up Saturday morning, hoping, praying that she she would be in her usual spot on my bed, right in between my feet. But, no, she wasn't, and that is what hurt most of all. I;ve had an incredibly tough week, so if it isn't too much to ask, please send up a prayer to me. I'm not sure if I will comment on all the blogs today, but I will do as many as I can. Thanks for reading.

Sapphira

5 comments:

Zoe said...

I understand how you feel. I'll pray for you.

bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misha said...

My dog, Candy, had to be put to sleep. She was my best friend in the whole world.

Sarah said...

Aww. I'm sorry. All the cats I've had have run away. Some might have stayed for a few years, then they'd run away. But it wasn't too bad.

It's gotta be really hard for you. I'll try my best to remember to pray for you. Better yet, I'll pray right now. ;)

Anonymous said...

I don't know the pain your in, but I do love cats. Here's a verse that has always helped me stay strong, when my cat left me. Its Lamentations 3:32-33. I am sorry, and I will be praying for you.