Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer!

It's finally summer! That obviously means no school! So far my summer has been insanely busy. I've been to a three different camps. They were two church camps at my friend's camps and one for 4-H. My last camp is June 22-26 and it's at my own church this time. Sorry I haven't posted during that time!

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot lately about marriage. Yeah, I know, I think about random things sometimes, but they usually bring a good message to post here. Anyway, with me getting older and everyone else around me also, I get asked out once in a while. I say no, but sometimes I think twice. But then I will oddly think of ten years or so from now when I'm married. And when I look at my future husband someday, I want to see his face, not the faces of all my past boyfriends. And I know I will because heartbreak always leaves a scar.

Insanely random, yes, but I thought it was a nice thing to share. What about you guys? Have you ever thought about your future husband or wife?

Sapphira

9 comments:

Misha said...

Heartbreak always leaves a scar.. :) You're right!

I know a girl -- she was only 12 at the time!! -- and she had 8 x-boyfriends.

Unknown said...

Wow I am glad summer is here too!

Acacia said...

I am almost thirteen and I have thought so musch about marraige it is frightning! You see I like this guy named Jesse- and I'm getting the impresion I LOVE HIM! I know very weird for someone my age, but I kind of think I do! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acacia said...

Hi, it's me again. But I was just wondering if you have any advice for me- any of you! I need help! By the way how old are you guys?

Acacia said...

And my name is really Melea. It is in Luke 3:30 or 31- well somewhere in there. :)

Melea said...

You might recognize me here.

Ian said...

Summer brings such a relief, doesn't it? And yeah, I've thought about who I would marry quite a bit...though it's usually simple curiosity about what will happen to me in the future.

And Melea/Acacia, here's my advice: are you ready to get married? If not, don't bother with dating or stuff like that. Stay away from it for now. If you're not intending to get married, there is no point. Right now, you're focus should be on becoming a godly woman, not on boyfriends and the like. At this stage in you're life, they will most likely only cause trouble for you, and as I've already said, there would be no point.

Btw, I'm 16. :)

:)Ian(:

Sapphira Adi said...

Personally for me I've decided to not to date or have a boyfriend until I'm actually going to think about getting married. Which isn't anytime soon! So I may start after a couple of years of college. I don't want to get married in college. Too many complications. ^^

Unknown said...

I don't want to get married. Not yet anyway, I'm only 13! And I don't want to date till' I'm 17. Dating is not really what I think is right. I just like the guy alot