Friday, April 24, 2009

God's Voice

Has anyone ever had God talk to you? I don't mean in an audible voice, but more of a spiritual voice. It's like this, have you ever been praying about something and asking God to help you make an important decision? Then, all of a sudden, you almost hear God telling you in your mind and heart which decision to make? Or maybe God talks to you through reading your Bible and a certain verse will totally jump out at you and help you.

I know sometimes we don't really want to listen to God's voice if He is going to tell us something that we don't want to hear. But we still need to listen because we need His guidance. No matter what, we should always be open to listening to what God has to say to us. It can make a huge difference in the outcome of an important decision.

This is what the Bible has to say about us listening to God.

John 10:27 (New Living Translation)

My sheep listen to my voice, I know them, and they follow me.

That verse is short and to the point. To run it down, it means that if we are God's children, as in Christians, we are His sheep. As Christians, we know to listen to God's voice for guidance and help. Jesus knows what our needs and gives us help when we need it. He is like our shepherd and we are the sheep. We follow our Shepherd. Real sheep depend on their shepherd for everything including food, water, protection, shelter, and everything that makes their very existence possible. We need to do the same thing as the sheep. We need to depend on Jesus. He won't let us down.

Sapphira


6 comments:

Misha said...

I was going through a hard time a while back, but I felt like God was helping me through John 14:27It's my favorite verse now :)

I hope you remember me -- My username used to be Misha, then Mitzi, then a ton of other things, then Tibby, and now Misha again :P

Sapphira Adi said...

Yes, I remember you Misha. :) John 14:27 is a great verse, too! I love that one. ^^ I'll have to write down that reference.

Paris said...

God's really been talking to me lately - through the Bible. It's so cool! I'm, like, "Wow! God just told me something in a verse I've had highlighted for two years!

Araken said...

I find it easier to hear God when I'm worshiping in my room.

Danielle Diez - Maiden of Emmanuel said...

You're right. He won't let us down. He listens AND answers.

Great post!
~Bookie

Shelby said...

Yeah, I've found lately that God has been speaking to me, and I never even knew it. He's acted in my life SO much...I can't even believe it. I am a completely different person because of HIm!