Sunday, April 19, 2009

Worrying

Everyone worries about stuff right? There are just so many thing to worry about in today's society. Some things I worry about test, grades, essays that are almost due, and a bunch of other stuff teens have to go through.

But, did you know that the Bible tells us not to worry? God wants us to chill out and trust Him to take care of everything including whatever we worry about.

Mathew 6:25-34

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


~*~*~*~*~EDIT~*~*~*~


I recently went through the links on my sidebar and deleted the inactive ones. If you are in the YCF, please post so I can put up your link. Thanks!


~*~*~


So don't worry. Trust God to handle it.


Sapphira



7 comments:

Camden said...

Isn't that an awesome promise? My Dad was without a job for about four months, and right when he thinks he has a great job, his project ends, and he's unemployed once again. Still, it's amazing to know God provides for all of our needs.

~Elliot

Mike said...

I really needed to read that...I've been having some financial issues, and still am; furthermore, the economy in its current state is not helping me in my search for employment. This post is a refreshing reminder that God will provide for my every need; all I have to do is trust in Him.

Thank you!!!





On another note:

To all members of the YCF and whoever else may read this: PLEASE begin to explore my page again, i am beginning a series in Revelations!!! I am hoping everyone reads this and comes away with something! (for those who do not know it, the URL is: http://universeofmymind.blogspot.ca)

Thank you!

Sapphira Adi said...

I'm you liked the post, guys! I thought it would be good to post because of Araken's post also. The one where they are trying to pass some anti-Christian bill soon.

SA

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's Ellie. I don't have a blog on blogger, but my name link should take you to my blog.

Danielle Diez - Maiden of Emmanuel said...

Great post! Keep it up! =D You're blessed with the talent of writing, and you're using it to serve the Lord. That's awesome. =]

~Bookie

Araken said...

Great post; I've been in stressful situations for the past few months, and I need to hear this.

Sapphira Adi said...

I'll add your link to my list, Ellie. Thanks for letting me. :D

I'm not so sure about a talent, but I do try to make it decent. Thanks for the compliment. I'm sure you're a good writer, too.

Araken, I'm glad the post helped you! I had a bad day today, and, as I read my post, I felt a lot better. So it helped me, too. Glad you liked my post. :3

SA