Thursday, April 23, 2009

Love

Love...Don't we love to hear that word? Well, maybe some people don't. When I hear the word love, I personally think of Jesus dying on the cross as my mental picture. Others may think about guys or girls, their parents, church, siblings, or whatever. Anyway, I wrote sort of self essay on love after I went through my rebellious period. I hate saying it like that, but it's true. O.o

The essay is about, you got it, love. Anyway, here it is.

Love

Everytime a heart is wounded, it yearns for the gentle solace of love. A love so tender and sweet. So gentle and understanding as it longs to comfort your hurt and sorrow with everything in its spirit. It looks at you with sympathy and care.

Many look in the wrong places for this love. They try to find comfort in sex, drugs, cutting, friends, work, and even just by hurting others. This is not the way to find what you seek.

The love everyone craves is understanding when we mess up. It is supportive even after we have made a fool of ourselves. It cares for you even when you spit out words of hate and anger. It believes in you even when you don't believe in yourself. It loves you no matter what. It is everlasting.

Oh, don't you see how easy it really is to take this gift of love? Don't you know it hears your gentle and heartfelt cries for help? It longs to embrace you when you cry silently in the darkness. It yearns to see a smile upon your face through your tears and a twinkling of hope in yours eyes.

This is God's love.

Sapphira


8 comments:

Araken said...

I see what you have described almost everyday, and it pains me to see all these hurt people. A lot of the time it's hard for me to love them, especially when they are afraid for anyone to get close, but it's what Jesus commanded.

Shelby said...

That was beautiful, Sapphira! G-d's love is nothing less than indescribable.

Sapphira Adi said...

Araken- I see it so much, too. It hurts to know that I can't do anything to stop what causes them to hurt so much. I know only God can, and He will help them get through it if only they would accept His love. It can heal all wounds.

Ellie- Thanks! That was taken from my journal, and a lot of my journal entries are written like that. Though some not as sweet.

Shelby said...

You keep a journal? Me too. Except I haven't had much time to write in it lately.

Sapphira Adi said...

Yes, I keep a journal. It's my way to vent and express myself. Some journal entries are more inspiring than the others. :)

Misha said...

That was LOVEly!
It's good to be reading your blog again :)

Camden said...

Now that I'm doing a series on love, that's some awesome insight for me. Thanks for the post, and keep serving God with your awesome writing!

~Elliot

Sapphira Adi said...

I'm glad you all like the post, guys