Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

Yes, it is that time of year again. It is Easter, the holiday that people have turned into a time for little kids to get candy and their parents become angry at the dentist bill prices. Easter has been reduced to a mere time for when little kids stuff there faces with candy. We all know the Easter story when Jesus was killed on the cross and then rose again three days later. That is the true meaning of Easter. I wanted to wish everyone a happy Easter.

I wrote a poem after church today about Easter. I wanted to post it here today for everyone to read. Everyone likes to get candy on Easter, don't they? I know I do. . .:) Anyway, well here is the poem.

Easter

You died on the cross,
To make up for the world's loss,
Because of the world's sin,
You were buried and wrapped in linen,

Tears poured down,
Sorrow and sadness was abound,
Hearts were full of dismay,
Then you lived again in three days,

Because of us you died,
Yet now You still abide,
As soon as I opened my heart's door,
You came in and will stay forevermore.

So what did everyone think of that one? I don't really think it is the best poem I've ever written, but I think it gets the point of Easter across, doesn't it? Well, the milk poll will close soon so vote while you can! Thanks so much for reading and drop by a comment! Happy Easter, my friends in the YCF!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

6 comments:

Camden said...

Yes, I do think it gets the point of Easter across... And it's a great poem!

~Elliot

Strawberry milk rocks!!!

Ian said...

I think I'd agree that it isn't the best poem you've written...but I did like it, and it does get the TRUE point of easter across.

There are other easter traditions aside fromt the candy....easter always is such a joyful time of year! And thinking about its true meaning and history is overjoyful!!

:)Ian(:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter.

Araken said...

I like the poem! And you're right, the message of Christ's sacrifice has been diluted to the point of not being able to be recognized. We should all be able to think Easter=Jesus' love and sacrifice, not chocolate and peeps. (and incidentally, I like peeps.)

I'll be posting on Easter tomorrow, so hang on sports fans, it ain't over yet.

~Just*Flinn~ said...

Nice Poem! And Happy Easter!

Madi said...

(:That's really great!I wish I could right like that.:)-Madi