Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Shelby!

Today is a very special day because it is my dear friend Shelby Marie's birthday! Happy fourteenth birthday, Shelby! I think it is so neat that you were born on St. Patrick's Day. I have another friend who's birthday is today. By the way, are you Irish? It would be really cool if you were Irish and born on St. Patrick's Day.

I just wanted to say to you, Shelby, that you are an incredible friend. You are gifted in poetry and have a wonderful heart for the Lord. You have a great personality that makes you really unique in a good way. God has blessed me with you because you are a totally awesome friend. I don't know what I'd do without the YCF and it's members. I really hope you have a great birthday today. I know you deserve it.

I also wrote you a poem. It's a short one, but I tried to put a lot of thought into it. I hope you like it. I'm sorry that it couldn't be longer, but I tried my best. Everything else I thought of either sounded too contrived or too cheesy.

Shelby Marie

Shelby Marie is a true friend to lean on in times of confusion,
She does not rest until her mission from God is already done,
God blessed me with her presence as a great, true friend,
And I know she will stick around with me until the very end.

I hope you liked it, Shelby! I hope that you have an awesome birthday full of blessings from God. Again, it sounds like it's from a greeting card, doesn't it? Oh, well. Happy Birthday, Shelby! We love you!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

5 comments:

Camden said...

Yay Shelby!!! A perfect poem Sapphira! Happy Birthday Shelby!!!


~Elliot

Ian said...

Again, happy birthday Shelby!

:)Ian(:

Araken said...

I figgered you'd write a poem! It's really good!

Happy Birthday, Shelby!

Shelby Marie said...

Sapphira, that was beautiful! I don't know what I'd do without you and the rest of the YCF either...it would be hard. You and Ian have inspired me...I'm now considering writing poems about all of you and posting them...hmm...that could be fun. Would anyone else like to join me?
Anyway, Sapphira, I'm part Irish, I think. I don't have red hair, though...
Write On!!!
Shelby Marie

Anonymous said...

Come by and check out my new look!