Thursday, March 20, 2008

New Poetry

I was digging through some old notebooks of mine and found this poem I wrote about a year ago. I decided to post it here since I had nothing else to post about. By the way, Shelby, did you have an awesome birthday? Everyone in the YCF certainly hopes so! I will ask the all important question of birthdays. What did you get as a gift? Just kidding:) Anyway, about the poem, it is untitled but I wanted to post it here. Let me all know what you think of it.

A heart sings, wounded and forlorn,
A heart has been broken and torn,
He knows every single fear,
He wipes away every single tear,

He loves you more than you know,
He will do anything to show,
You how much He adores you,
He can cleanse your heart anew,

You will never be forsaken or alone,
He wishes that you would have known,
That you are more precious than any jewel,
Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool,


He wants to rush by your side,
His love comes in a large tide,
He cares for every sparrow in the sky,
Think about how much He cares for you.


So what did everyone think of that? Has everyone seen the random new poll on the sideboard? Yes, I was very hyper that one day. Don't ask. . . Let me know what you think about the poem! And everyone who didn't wish Shelby a happy birthday go ahead and do it now!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

9 comments:

Ian said...

As usual, your poem gave me a good message, and one that I've been foolishly overlooking much too often: while I'm chasing after a relationship with God, it never occurred to me that God was also chasing after a relationship with me.

About the poll: ummmm....interesting. Never had strawberry milk...I like chocolate, though. I'm going to go have some right now!

:)Ian(:

Camden said...

Strawberry milk is AMAZING!!! You really must try some... Anyways, I really like this poem! My favorite part is in the last verse, thinking of how much God really loves us is trully amazing.

~Elliot

Araken said...

Another great poem by Sapphira Adi! That is sooo good! Have I ever told you you're gifted? Are you getting tired of me asking that?

Milk is great, but it is also the major problem causer of North America. You see, cows in the north of the continent give ice cream instead of milk, while cows in the middle give plain milk. Then in the south, cows only give powdered milk due to the climate. So the people there try to get to the middle and north, possibly causing the illegal immigration problem that the United States has. Finally, the enmity between the U.S. and Canada regarding who owns what side of Niagara Falls comes as a result of the fact that there is no ice cream shipment coming over the falls anymore. And there you have it: me being random and crazy as usual.

If this is offensive to anyone, please say so and I'll get rid of this comment.

Mike said...

...CANADA IS NOT THAT COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

And for any of you who may be wondering, Canadian's do NOT live in igloos :P unless they live way up north, like, say, the North West Territories...lol.

But man, does it rain alot...UGH!


----mike----

Mike said...

And a good poem..i'm not as into poetry as most of you seem to be, but it was good..i wish i could write things like that...



----mike----

IdinaTook said...

WOW! Cool poetry! That is one of the many things I cannot pull off. Sorry I've not commented on your blog before! I meant to!
I don't know if I said happy B-day or not so, HAPPY B-DAY! I like WHITE MILK!!! (Though really I like all milk.) LOL!

Never Alone and God Bless!

Indina

Zoe said...

Hi! I just stumbled accross your blog today. That is a really good poem! I write poems and songs sometimes, but they are not all that great. I hope to put music to my songs one day... that would be neat.

Sapphira Adi said...

How can you saying that I'm gifted be offensive? Just kidding! I know what you mean. By the way, Araken, have you ever considered seeing a therapists. . .? :) Again, I'm just kidding;)

Sapphira

Araken said...

IDK, a lot of people at school say I should, and sometimes I agree with them. But I needed a hobby, and insanity sounded good to me.