Monday, March 31, 2008

Random

I was going to tell everyone about my vacation that didn't turn out so well in a lot of words, but I will shorten it o these few sentences. Basically, I was sick most of the time with a bad cough and cold and we didn't go to Silver Dollar City. I am still sick now with a runny nose, strep throat, and it hurts when I cough because my throat is really scratchy. This isn't what I want to talk about though. My friend sent me this email forward that I got on one of those days that everyone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I wanted to post it here today to get everyone's opinion on it.

For all the negative things we have to say to ourselves, God has a positive answer for it!

You say: "It's impossible"

God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)

You say: "I'm too tired

"God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: "Nobody really loves me"

God says: I love you (John 3:16 John 13:34)

You say: "I can't go on"

God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 Psalm 91:15)

You say: "I can't figurethings out"

God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)

You say: "I can't do it"

God says: You can do all things through Christ (Philippians 4:13)

You say: "I'm not able"

God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: "It's not worth it"

God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28)

You say: "I can't forgive myself"

God says: I forgive you (I John 1:9 Romans 8:1)

You say: "I can't manage"

God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)

You say: "I'm afraid"

God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear, but power, love and a sound mind. (II Timothy 1:7)

You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"

God says: Cast all your cares on Me (I Peter 5:7)

You say: "I don't have enough faith"

God says: I've given everyone a measure of faith (Romans 12:3)

You say: "I'm not smart enough"

God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: "I feel all alone"

God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

Now isn't that something really nice to think about? We really do say some of the things that are above in the email forward. It's really cool how God has answers to even everyday things that happen even though Jesus walked on earth thousands of years ago. I added a new poll and everyone can vote if they want to. Also, check out Ian's polls. Ian, you are evil! Just kidding:) Thanks for reading and drop by a comment.

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

6 comments:

Zoe said...

I have seen that email forward before and it is awesome to think about.
I'm sorry your trip didn't turn out so well. I hope your cold gets better soon.

Ian said...

I like that forward! It helped me just now...I'm not having the best day....

Your poll is very interesting. I have no idea what to pick, but that is fine because I can't do polls on this computer. Hee hee.

:)Ian(:

Shelby Marie said...

Hey, girl, I hope you feel better soon!
Thanks for posting the forward thing, it helped a lot.

Write On!!!
Shelby Marie

~Just*Flinn~ said...

I liked it! Very uplifting. And I voted on your poll. My favorite woman is Debrah, but since that wasn't a choice I picked Esther instead. I think I've gotten that forward before!

Anonymous said...

Whoa. Too bad about vacation.

Good thots.

Anonymous said...

Cool, I like that. I will remember that when I'm thinking those things. Mind if I send it to my friends?