Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Beyond The Reflection's Edge

Okay, the picture you see to the left is the cover of Bryan Davis's new book called, "Beyond the Reflection's Edge." I have yet to read the book, but I will in a few days when I purchase it. In case you've never heard of it, I shall tell you a bit about it. Here is the basic plot of the book:

Nathan Shepherd, sixteen years old, loses his parents as the result of a double murder. In order to protect him from the murderers, Nathan goes to live with a new family, his father's old college buddy and his daughter, Kelly. A strange mirror in Nathan's bedroom sometimes shows images that aren't in front of it, including past events, unfamiliar scenes, and people who are supposed to be dead. Nathan obtains his mother?s violin, which plays, not only beautiful music, but also voices that only Kelly can hear. Nathan also inherits his father's camera, which takes photos of people and places that aren't there ... or at least they don't seem to be there.

These odd devices launch Nathan and Kelly on an exciting journey through multiple dimensions as they track down the mysteries surrounding the deaths of Nathan's parents. They soon learn that the cosmic fabric that separates the dimensions is crumbling, leading to a potential catastrophic event called interfinity. As they try to prevent this end-of-the-worlds disaster, their own efforts add to the interdimensional deterioration, forcing them to make one life-and-death choice after another.

The words above make me want to scurry fifteen miles to the nearest bookstore and buy a copy. I've red many reviews about this book, and it sounds really great. The author, Bryan Davis, already has a reputation as an awesome author for all of his books, so I suggest you get one. If you don't then I can tell you are going to be missing out on one great book. Thanks for reading and please comment!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

7 comments:

Magma said...

hey chica, I just had an idea and I told some of my friends about it; so I thought I'd run it past you.....

why don't we post our reviews on different contestants blogsites?

if we all do that on each others blogs it'll help us with major pointage.
we don't need to give the people admin access....we can just add them as other "authors" to the blog site....I think we can kick them off afterward....but still have the review they posted on it.

sooo....if you like my idea gmail me at magmapyro(at)gmail(dot)

Magma said...

okay....think about it....on our blogs we can add up to 100 other contributors...
...why shouldn't we give other contestants temporary access(not through our own account...we give their account permission to add some posts to our blog{s}) to add their blogs? assuming that they will return the favor.....but think about how many websites our reviews will be on.

after they put their posts up I think we can kick them off and still have their posts retained(and it'd still say who posted it I think)....though people might wanna wait till after the contest to kick everyone off.

I thought it was a pretty good idea. if you give me your gmail I can give you an invite to post on my blog and you'll see what I mean.
(oh and from personal experience....you can't edit anything the owner of the blog has posted or done but I'm pretty sure you can edit anything some author put on your blog)

Camden said...

Hmmm... Well Magma, that may be an idea with potential, but I don't know how I feel about people messing around with my blog. I think I would rather persue other meathods if it's all the same to you.

~Elliot

Magma said...

no prob.

the only reason I even thought about the idea, was that I was helping my friend figure her blog out and I could only post....since I had only author statis I couldn't edit anything she(or anyone else) did.

but to each his own of course!
nobody has to do something they don't want to or are uncomfortable with....I wouldn't want it any other way.

Shae said...

Or you could just post the review as a comment under their blog post. Just an idea...:) provided its okay with the blog owned (and Mr. Davis)

Araken said...

You absolutely must read that book!

p.s. sorry I've been so long in posting, I just turned in my bio project on...[drumroll please] THE CLAM!

Unknown said...

Beyond the Reflection's Edge is a literary roller coaster that never slowed down. I loved every minute of it. I don't think I will be able to find a book of this caliber anywhere else among the genre. Bryan Davis did a masterful job and I will be eagerly awaiting the sequel.