Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Door Within


The Door Within is an amazing book written by Wayne Thomas Batson that is one of my favorites. It is about a fourteen-year-old boy named Aidan Thomas who has just moved from Maryland to Colorado in the first month of summer. He is very unhappy there because he had to leave his friend Robbie to take care of his ailing grandfather.

Aidan's view is changed when he finds mysterious scrolls about a wonderous kingdom called Alleble, Paragor the Great Betrayer, and the Great Betrayal. He suddenly is transported to another world, simply known as the Realm, where every one on earth has a twin.

He trains to be an elite knight of Alleble in preparation for a journey to Mithegard, a kingdom that is dangerously close to accepting an offer of allegiance from Paragory, a domain of great evil. Aidan must rely on his faith in a King that he dedicated his life to while he also struggled with saving his friend's life along with his own. Will Aidan loyally follow the one, true King?

It is a really great book that you all should definetly read if you have time, but make sure you have spare time because you will not want to put it down! It is an amazing allegory where the forces of good and evil fight triumphantly. I learned a great life lesson from it, and I bet you will, too.

The phrase often spoken between the Alleble knights is "never alone!". This simple phrase is so deep and so meaningful beyond words I can comprehend. God is always with us no matter what. He is, and will always, be by our side. It says in Hebrews, "And Jesus said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you'." That was NIV version. We are never alone! Never alone!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

3 comments:

Araken said...

Hey Sapphira, impressed. I didn't use scripture in my little review. I like it! In case you didn't see my other comment, can I add a link to your blog on my blog?

p.s. don't forget to vote on my blog

Araken said...

Hey Sapphira, can I give you a pointer? Ye've got to be careful with your verb tenses. (Sorry, I'm sort of a grammar freak)Here's a sentence that needs to be tweaked:

"He trains to be a knight in an elite group in Alleble to embark on a fateful mission to stop the neighboring kingdom of Mitheguard to not make an alliance with the lying rats of Paragory."

Ok, here's the problem. It's a run-on sentence. Try this:

He trains to be an elite knight of Alleble in preparation for a journey to Mithegard, a kingdom that is dangerously close to accepting an offer of allegiance from Paragory, a domain of great evil.

Okie dokie, hope that helps! Bye

Sapphira Adi said...

No problem, araken. I was in a big hurry cause I had plans for later. A link would be fine:) Thanks. Maybe when I figure out how to I will add one to yours:)

God Bless.

Sapphira Adi