Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Story Chapters

I have added chapter 4-6 of my story that the first few chapters were posted in my first blog. It is going to be a Christian fantasy fiction book series that might someday get published. I am definitely going to take my on this series so if you really like it, tell me an I will work on it more:)

Before I put the chapters, I want everyone to know that my friend araken's birthday is in eight days! Yay, araken!

Okay, here are the chapters.


Chapter Four
Hunted Down
“Who is there?! Show yourself, coward!” Gabrielle yelled in the strongest voice she could muster. Her eyes scanned the area as her heart beat somewhere in her throat because of fear and anxiety.
She hoped and prayed it was merely an animal that had lost its way toward her. She looked in the trees and bushes and new the movements were too sudden and agile to be an animal’s. She immediately saw something glowing in the sunlight and saw that it was indeed a sword. Gabrielle gulped.
Paelin! Tess! Someone help me!” Gabrielle yelled at the top of her lungs as she suddenly darted down the path to safety. She was almost a mile from the house of Lenoir, so she would have no one to come to her aid.
Gabrielle ran as fast as her legs would take her, but the figure of a man came at her very fast, sword in hand. Gabrielle tripped over a tree root and stumbled to the ground. With tears marring her face, she looked up at the man looming over her with a sword. She closed her eyes and prayed her death would be over with fast and painless.
“Please don’t hurt me!” Gabrielle whimpered.
The man looked at her and smiled— an eerie type of smiled that made her shudder. Gabrielle looked up at him and was surprised to see him put away his sword. She wondered what he could possibly want as he advanced another step. He knelt down and offered his hand.
Gabrielle could tell there was something dark and sinister about him. She swatted the hand away as if it were a wasp and gracefully got up on her own. She stood face to face with the man and examined his features. He was about twenty-five-years-old and had a small goatee. He talked smoothly, but she saw through his clever disguise.
“Who are you?” Gabrielle demanded.
“My name does not matter, nor does your desire to know more about me. I have come with an offer. I will not waste my breathe unless you agree to listen and then decide. Will you listen?” He asked.
“You have exactly one minute.” Gabrielle replied.
He smiled. “Come with me, and I promise you great power beyond comprehension in all that you do. I will teach you many great things.”
Gabrielle‘s face twisted in anger. “No! I will never go with you! Why are you doing this to me?! Who am I?! What do you want from me?” Gabrielle said, her voice full of rage.
The man looked confused and hurt, but Gabrielle knew it was fake. He had a determined look on her face and tried to reach out to grab her hand, but Gabrielle pulled away. She knew he was trying to get her to trust him so he could take her back to the people to whom she was being hunted by.
She raised her brows slightly and held her head up high. “I do not know who you are, nor do I know what you want from me, but you will never take me with you. I was being hunted in the forest for a reason I do not know why, but I will never trust you. Now go away!” Gabrielle said boldly.
Gabrielle hoped her serious tone would scare him off and prayed to the King for protection from all unseen dangers that lurked in her past that she knew nothing about. She took a step back and waited intently for an answer. The man’s face was completely emotionless, than after what seemed like several minutes he finally spoke and said, “I understand, Your Highness.” He said and a smirk adorned his face as his eyes twinkled with malevolence.
“What do you mean ‘Your Highness’?!” Gabrielle said, her voice raised.
“It is quite simple really; I know of your past. I know who you are and why you were being chased. Come with me and all your questions will be answered.” The man said, his voice coarse.
“I have already said no, and I mean it with all my heart. If you know of my past, then why must you torture me with the knowledge of my past I do not know? If you know something about me, I beg you to tell, if not, I will gladly be on my way.” Gabrielle said, trying to keep her voice calm.
A flurry of emotions ran over Gabrielle as a tear descended down her cheek. If only she knew of her past, and why she being chased through the forest. Gabrielle looked up at the man and saw him smiling impertinently at her grief. She punched him in the chest and he stumbled backwards.
Gabrielle began to run down the path as the man slowly got up and saw her running. Gabrielle stressed her legs to go as fast as they could go because he very life depended on it. She looked back behind and saw the man standing there staring at her as she ran hastily.
“The King will help me! He will never let me fall into your hands of evil!” Gabrielle yelled down the path as she took a deep breath and continued running plaintively. She wiped the sweat from her forehead.
The man said as she ran off halfway down the path, “I will be waiting for you, Gabrielle!”








Chapter Four
The Story of Betrayal
Gabrielle ran as fast as her legs would take her as she ran the last half mile to the house of Lenoir, Tess, and Paelin. She took a deep breath of relief as the humble wooden home came into view. She was sure her pursuer was far behind her and she had lost him. But would he be back? And the next time would it be to kill her?
A chill ran down Gabrielle’s spine as she thought of the words of the strange man she met in the forest. Many questions whirled around in her mind as she tried her best to figure them out piece by piece. Why did that man call her “Your Highness” as implying she was of royal blood? Was she a traitor amongst her family of royalty? Or was she simply a runaway? Gabrielle tried her best to push all these questions aside as she knew she would not find out the answer without more investigation.
Gabrielle decided it would be better for her and everybody else if she did not tell Lenoir, Tess, and Paelin what happened in the forest. It would be best if they did not get mixed in with her pursuers and the trouble she might very well be involved in.
Gabrielle walked upon the three stairs until she was on the small wooden porch of the house where Tess sat on a sanded down and painted wooden swing with enough room for two or three occupants, depending on size.
Tess sat silently and her stare drilled into Gabrielle’s very heart’s core. She wondered where Gabrielle came from as she continued to swing gently, the stiff breeze flowing through her walnut colored hair. Her eyes were glassy as she stared at Gabrielle intentionally.
Gabrielle sat next to Tess on the swing and smiled at her warmly. She leaned back and closed her eyes, trying to relax the day’s stress away from her. She counted to thirty and took a deep breath, and she felt a tiny bit better. She tucked one loosed strand of hair behind her ear and prepared to ask about the King of Dernier.
“Tess, can you tell me more about the King of Dernier?” Gabrielle asked.
Tess smiled. “Of course. Would you like to hear the whole story?”
Gabrielle nodded.
Tess began in a musical, storytelling voice, “Long ago before our fathers and even their fathers were born, the King of Dernier ruled the land with love and kindness and all were happy. There were other smaller kingdoms but Dernier was the protecting wing for all of them. He had a mist favored knight of his names Sir Trannar.”
Trannar was a proud and bold knight that had a good heart. He protected the King at all cost, he had soon grown jealous of King because he was always second. People always loved the King more. No matter how rich and wise Trannar was, the King was always first. He envied the throne and intended to do something about.”
“One fateful night, Trannar gathered all of the King closest friends and their family, men, women, and children, and had them bind. They were all in a corner somewhere when Trannar told the King that He had to come because there was trouble. The King asked Trannar what he had done and Trannar said, ‘I will kill them with a simple signal from one of my followers and they will be immediately killed with a flurry of arrows. I will let them live if you sacrifice yourself to save them. I am always second to you, but no more! Will you lay down your life for your people’?”
“The King looked upon His people’s eyes and they were cold and shivering. Fear was in all of their eyes, especially the children. The King looked at them with gentleness and mercy. He then unsheathed his blade and lay it on the ground before Him. He said He would let Trannar sacrifice him, but only because He was allowing it to be. He lay down on a bed of stone and said, ‘You are bringing your own doom as soon as you let that blade fall, Trannar.’ Trannar stabbed the King again and again in his fury.”
“The King was dead. A mob formed and Trannar and his followers were sent into exile. Trannar eventually established his own kingdom, what he calls Coronia. I do not know how, but the King is still alive and He has vowed that He will return for us. He has made a new heaven where all of His followers go when they die, it is known as the Realm of Hope. We will all see our king again someday.”
Trannar lives on unto today, trying countless efforts to defeat Dernier. The Castle of Dernier is in the middle of the kingdom that is about a four day ride on horse from here. Trannar also has many followers that have foolishly fallen into his clever trap by promising them money, power, and glory if they swear their allegiance to him.”
Trannar is a liar made out of pure hatred and evil. I would jump at the chance to be a warrior that would get to go to the castle and fight for our King. But, alas, I am simply a poor farmer’s daughter. Someday, I know the King will give me my chance.” Tess finished and smiled.
Tess took a breath and said gravely, “Trannar also dreads for the prophecy of the Three Warriors to come true.”








Chapter Six
Memories of the Past
Gabrielle stood there as Tess finished her story, her mouth agape. She thought about the King and why he let Trannar kill Him like that if He was so powerful, why did He not stop his persecution when He did nothing wrong? The questions pounded relentlessly through her mind as she tried to get her through together. Gabrielle also wondered if her hunting had something to do with Trannar.
Tess said, “Trannar’s followers call him Lord Trannar, a mocking name because they know he will never be king.”
Gabrielle cringed as she pictured the events in her mind because of Tess’ incredible gift of story-telling, especially interesting stories such as this on. She cringed as she thought of the King and what He did for His people to just be killed. To her, I just did not seem fair or right.
Tess smiled slightly because she knew Gabrielle was taking the story to heart. She got up slowly and opened the door of the small house and walked inside. Tess peered out at Gabrielle one last time and smiled again.
Gabrielle just stared out into open space and wondered what could be so deadly and sinister inside Trannar that would cause him to do such a thing. She vowed that if she ever met him, she would repay her King’s life for his. She closed her eyes solemnly and tried to remember things from her mysterious past that she knew so little about.
Gabrielle remembered running through a forest in black clothes like a spy would wear. She was being cruelly chased by the man she met in the forest. She tried her best to outrun him and escape, but she knew he would take her life. She also remembered yelling, “My King will help me!”
Then she slipped into the stream because she lost her footing on the ledge and was pummeled into the wild waves. She struggled all she could to make her head stay above water but she knew it would drain her strength fast. She remembered going through rocks and hitting her head and then everything went black.
Gabrielle quickly shook out of the trance of a memory and knew that it was a memory of her being chased in a forest and falling into the stream. She also knew that the man following her was from the forest where she took a walk. Gabrielle sighed and closed her eyes to try to remember something else about her past.
Gabrielle remembered being in a large room and she was trifling through the drawers in the room. She looked under several papers, decrees, and outline. She was looking for something specific and important but she had no idea what.
Gabrielle groaned when she found what she was looking for and knew it was the only thing she had to remember about her past in case she lost part of her memory. She did not remember what she pulled out but she guess it was the dagger that had the initials LT.
Gabrielle suddenly escaped from this memory as it gave her the ultimate chills. She was starting to get scared to learn about her past. She took a deep breath and tried not to freak out at what was happening to her memory. There were still so many questions. What did Lord Trannar have to fit into all of this? Where did she fit into all of this? Gabrielle needed answers, but she was afraid of what they might be.
Gabrielle was determined to remember one more memory so she closed her eyes and concentrated with all her mind and body. She took a deep breath and continued to stress her mind relentlessly to remember about her past she had so many questions about.
Gabrielle was in a room and she was with another person, a man to be exact. The man had dark black hair that was pulled back tightly. He had a circlet upon his head that almost looked like a crown of sorts. The most frightening feature was his penetrating hazel eyes that held and icy stare that could make an ice burg melt in an instant in the middle of winter.
Gabrielle remembered looking at the man with a sinister smile, which she knew was just for show, but it still scared her. She asked the cold man, “What is your plans, Father?”
The man smiled sinisterly and his armor jingled when we walked around slowly. He held his head high and respectfully, and Gabrielle immediately knew she hated this man whom she had called father. The man prepared to answer.
The man replied in an cold, hard voice, “My plan is to destroy Dernier.”



Okay, that was my story chapters. Please post here if you like it. Don't forget to wish Araken a happy birthday in eight days. And, yes, Araken, I will be counting the days:)

Oh, and one more thing, I will be doing the rest of the Dragons in our Midst, and then I will be doing the Oracles of Fire series. After that I will be doing Donita K. Paul's books, and then maybe the Kingdom Series by Chuck Black. Anyway, thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and then post by what and why you voted!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi


4 comments:

Araken said...

Sapphira, I don't know quite what to say. First I want to say that I am engrossed by your story. It is sooo interesting and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Second, I want to thank you. We've never met, sent each other an email, or anything other than blogging. Yet you've put a counter for my birthday at the top of the column and mentioned it several times throughout this post. Thank you so much. It means a lot to me, and I've never even seen you! Hey, let me know when your birthday is, ok?

P.S. I was the first to vote. I voted 'Yes! Of course!' God Bless

Shelby Marie said...

Hello, Sapphira. Once again, well done on the story...Could I put a link to your blog on mine? Araken, if you see this, I'm asking you the same question...Anyway, cool blog, Sapphira!

Write On!!!
Shelby Marie

Shelby Marie said...

Thanks for putting a link for my blog on yours. You can use the name--Farix-forever--if you wish.
Thanks!

Araken said...

You bet, Shelby! And thank you in return!