Saturday, January 19, 2008

Rise of the Wyrm Lord

Rise of the Wyrm Lord by Wayne Thomas Batson is the sequel to The Door Within.When Aidan Thomas is separated from his best friend Robby by a thousand miles, he solicits the help of his new friend bright, headstrong Antoinette Reed when she is called to the Realm.

Antoinette faces trials in the Realm as she finds it in turmoil because Alleble's neighboring kingdoms are pulling away from their alliances with them. To make things worse, rumors have it that Paragory is seeking the help from an enemy of old to destroy Alleble and crush rebellion.

Determined to help Robby's Glimpse (twins of people on earth), she sneaks off into the night to run after his twin to tell him about the one, true King. She disobeyed the King's word to go and help him, and the result of that is she is captured. Will Antoinette live to see the dawn?

This is another wonderful allegory that is definitely worth reading. When you get a chance to read it, you will not want to put it down! It reminds me we need to listen to God's Word and then follow It. It says in the Bible in Jeremiah 13:10:

"These wicked people, who refuse to listen to my words, who follow the stubbornness of their hearts and go after other gods to serve and worship them, will be like this belt—completely useless!"

We need to listen when God tells us something, whether it is through the Bible, church, a friend, or a pastor. We need to listen and obey, because it will always be worth while in the long run. We are sheep that have gone astray, and we need to find our way back to our Shepherd and obey His words. Thanks for reading!

One more thing, check out araken's blog at: http://loveoffiction.blogspot.com/. I posted this because it is very deep and insightful, plus I owe him a favor;)

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

4 comments:

WayneThomasBatson said...

SA, thanks for the incredible reviews and the insight! You could write a sermon based on these initial connections.

Never alone.

Sapphira Adi said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I will be doing one of the Final Storm tomorrow if you want to check it out. This is my way of telling a bunch of people about awesome books, while also teaching them some of the meaning behind the words. I was a bit surprised the author of these books actually posted. When I'm done with your books, I am going to do some of Bryan Davis' books. Thanks so much for posting, Wayne!

Never alone!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

Araken said...

Hey Sapphira, how's it going? NOT FAIR!! You got WTB to post on your blog? Awesome! Thanks for the link! I'll be adding your site to my links section. In fact, that's what I'm doing right now!

Sapphira Adi said...

I am in bigger shock than you are that the WTB actually posted on my blog! Your are quite welcome for the link. Thanks for adding my blog link to your list of links:)

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi