Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Crucifixion

Since I got such awesome feedback about my poetry, I have decided to post another poem this one really comes from my heart. The picture won't go any bigger so sorry about that! I really hope everyone likes this poem because it took a lot of effort to write. I call it "Crucifixion." Please comment and say what you think of it. It took about fifteen minutes to write this poem because I wanted to find just the right words for each line and to show everyone reading it that Jesus went through a lot just so our sinful hearts could be saved. Thank you, Jesus, for dying for the whole world, just so we would not have to suffer. I will never forget your gift to us all.

Crucifixion

You were scourged, beaten, and whipped,
With nothing but your tender love equipped,
A spear pierced and hurt your tender side,
Your perfect, thoughtful love will always abide,

With a crown of thorns upon your head,
Your innocent, faultless blood was shed,
I wiped away my sorrowful and bitter tears,
Your death was one of my greatest fears,

I heaved sobs of regret and sorrow,
All I needed was a sign to show
Me that you would not be gone forever,
All hope seemed like a big never,

You then rose again in three days,
I held your precious, thoughful gaze,
Thank you, My King, for dying for me,
It was the best gift ever given to me.

Please comment and thanks for reading. I really want to know what your guys think of this one!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

very beautiful poem and by the way im 13 to would you like to view my blog?i just made one yesterday and i have no comments. it would make me feel better if i knew someone.
my name is angela and my blog is called angela-hollywood beause i love hollywood and of course god.

Madi said...

What a great poem!I have one on my blog(it's not that good but oh well!)that you might be interested in reading.It's on the post 'So Much for Spying!'.Keep up tha good work!

Sapphira Adi said...

Angela, glad you liked my poem. I couldn't view your blog because I don't know the link. Could you give me the link?

Madi, glad you too liked my poem. Yours was really great, too. it reminded me of how I wrote poetry when I was your age.

So how did you guys find my blog?

Kara Akins said...

What a treasure. How I love it. How much the Lord must love it. What an incredible heart you have. You know my 13 yr old, Paris, from "What If What If Does It Matter" blog also writes poetry. I make such a big deal of her poems that I annoy her. I posted one of her poems on my blog (an old achieve). She says on her blog that she thinks poetry is boring but I think she is just saying that b/c of the big fuss I made over her poems!

I love your heart. You're parentsmust be soooo proud of you. I write poems too. Though not as many as you do. One of my poems is posted at the end of the "Nothing Like the Real Thing" post on my blog.

Happy blogging. Glad we have crossed paths. Go check out Paris' blog. Ignore the fact that she said poetry is boring.

And "The Daily Polka Dot" is my 11 yr old Madison's blog. There are links on my blog!

Ian said...

Great poem, Sapphira! What an awesome picture of what Jesus' death meant/means....

But I want to mention one thing, not out of criticism, and not from your poem. Be careful about using the word "just" in that context ("just to save our sinful hearts"). If we could see what he saved us from, then I'm sure that we would be absolutely in awe and thannks and worship.

Anyways, awesome poem! Ciao!

:)Ian(:

Shelby Marie said...

Hey, Sapphira, that was beautiful. Thanks so much for commenting on all my poetry too...

As for anyone who's never read my poetry, check it out on my blog--Farix-forever.blogspot.com

Write On!!!
Shelby Marie

Kara Akins said...

I was 16 when that happened. Also check out Proverbs 31 Woman website. They have a conference every year called "She Speaks". It's for writers and speakers. They have publishers there and everything. Well, they also have a program for youth called "Next Generation". NG is for girls who are called to write, lead etc. It
s so much fun. I am trying to raise money to take my girls. You might be interested in going. Have your mom look into with you.

~Just*Flinn~ said...

Wonderful and definitely heartfelt. Poetry. *Sighs longingly* I wish I could write it.

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is incredibly Sapphira! So great! Keep it up!

By the way, in case anyone cares to know, I have to write a poem for school today. My mom's idea.. I am no good at poetry! I am a story-writer/just-plain-old-writer, but not a poet...
I think I need to get my own blog soon...

Araken said...

Wow, that is INCREDIBLE! Say, have I told you that you have a gift?

Camden said...

I was reading the posts when I suddenly realized: I HADN'T POSTED! I'm very sorry for not commenting so far, though I thought that I had. The poem is, in short, amazing! It shows emotion of what the diciples felt like. It really is amazing...

~Elliot