Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! I know I am basically a day late for Valentine's Day, but, however, I have been very busy at my church. See, my youth group and I are planning a Valentine Banquet where we serve the adults at my church and try to raise money for my youth group activities. We had to decorate a lot of things such as curtains, billboards, tables, chairs, walls, and a bunch of other things! I had to take some stuff home so I have been REALLY busy. Now that I have that out of my way, Valentine's day is my next topic.

This is were I talk about what love is. Araken has wondefully defined it as campanionship of the closest kind. You should definitely check out his Valentine's Day post. A lot of people may be really depressed because they may not have a boyfriend or girlfriend on Valentine's Day. I am actually one of those people, but I am not depressed about it because I know God loves me and that is the best love I will ever feel. Plus, I can't have a boyfriend till I'm married, anyway! I also do not feel bad if I don't have a boyfriend because I know my Prince is coming for me. Does anyone know Who I'm talking about? Jesus, of course!

Why should we feel bad on Valentine's Day just because we are single? I have God's love to complete me and that is all I need. God's love is pure and wonderful and with no strings attached. It says in the Bible in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, 13:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. . . And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. "

That is my absolute favorite verse in the Bible about love. It defines love more than I could ever hope to comprehend. These words are straight from the lips of God, and I trust them with all of my heart. Does anyone have any other verses about love they'd like to post? If you don't know one, then don't sweat it. I also have another verse about how much God loves us. It says int he Bible in 1 John 4:10:

“This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! I would also like to inform everyone that Kailani has joined the Young Christian Force! Please comment and thanks so much for reading this blog post!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

12 comments:

Camden said...

1 John 4:10 is a gerat verse!

Araken said...

Hey Sapphira, can't think of a verse right now, just got back from 3.5 hours of non stop snowboarding. I love the post, though.

Anonymous said...

Great post! I love 1 Corinthians 13! I am memorizing it for my youth group.

And I think that people having girlfriends/boyfriends is overrated and totally unnecessary when you are, like, TWELVE. I am not planning on having BOYfriend until I'm at least 18. A friend who is a boy is different.

Great post! Thanks for the welcome!

~kailani

Sapphira Adi said...

Kailani, I'm thirteen, not twelve. Did you mean I was twelve?

Anonymous said...

no, I knew you were thirteen, and I wasn't talking about you personally. Sorry if you thought that! It's not what I meant! "You" is rather a broad pronoun... sorry!

Kailani

Araken said...

Did I miss something?

Anonymous said...

I don't think so...

Araken said...

Phew! Good! Say, has everyone seen my snowboard? It's on my blog...

Ian said...

Great post! I haven't done a post for Valentine's Day, and I am not going to...somehow, the holiday is pretty much meaningless to me.

And the first verse you posted is one that I think I have overlooked a lot....hmmm....*goes off to think*

Anonymous said...

Hey, stop by my blog. I have a true story of a teen girl in Haiti. Pretty sad.

Araken said...

Everyone- check out Strivin's blog post. It's...wow

Anonymous said...

Ian-I know what you mean. We don't celebrate Valentines day. I find it really rather pointless. I (don't think) I wished any one a happy valentines day, but rather, happy day-before-friday-which-comes-before-saturday!

Wow Strivin's blog... wow...