Monday, February 25, 2008

Tears Cried in the Darkness

I wrote a poem last night because I was feeling sort of sad because I was reading a really sad part in a book. So it inspired me to write this poem. Is anyone getting tired of reading my poetry? Do I post too much poetry? By the way, everyone check out dcf's blog because it has a post about the YCF. I call my poem "Tears Cried in the Darkness."

Tears Cried in the Darkness

You cry lonely in the darkness,
You feared being thought of less,
You thought no one saw your pain,
You felt trapped by a heavy chain,

Don't you realize God sees those tears?
He knows all your greatest fears,
He reaches out His helpful hand,
Offering to lift you captive band,

He hugs you tightly, caressing your cheek,
He nodded proudly, still mild and meek,
With a twinkle in His eyes, He smiled,
And says, "I love you, my precious child."

So what did you guys think? Please comment and thanks for reading!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

7 comments:

Camden said...

That was great! Don't worry, no one gets tired of hearing such great poetry!

~Elliot

Ian said...

I sure don't get tired of these poems..

Great poem! That would be helpful to think about when I'm depressed..

Araken said...

I think your poems rock! Keep 'em coming! You definitely have a gifting for poetry. I need to start posting some of them.

Anonymous said...

That's so great, Sapphira! I love the last line!
And you can never post too much poetry!!! I totally agree with Araken! You have a gift!

Kailani (yeah, I changed my name...)

~Just*Flinn~ said...

I love your poetry! When I'm sad, I cry out to my King. I just start to talk to him like he was my friend. It's so relaxing, so soothing. He cares about even the little stuff, so going to Him in prayer is a must for me.

Kara Akins said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Please keep writing more and post everyone of them!

Madi said...

What a great poem!God has given you a wonderful gift of being able to right such good poetry!Have you ever visited www.artakiane.com ?It's a cool Christian website about a girl with an amazing gift for art and poetry.Maybe you would like to look at it sometime.