Friday, February 29, 2008

God's Love

My brain may be malfunctioning because I am continually posting poetry. I have another poem for you. Are you tired of me posting poetry? Well, too bad! Just kidding! But do let me know if I am overdoing the whole poetry thing. I wrote this short poem last night. It kind of just came to me like lightening striking a key on a kite. I call it "God's Love." Please let me know what you think of it!

God's Love

My heart yearned deeply to be loved and cared for,
I wanted someone to hold the key to my heart's door,
A hand reached out to me that offered to save me,
He told me His love for me ran deeper than the sea,

He held my little hand warmly and reassuringly,
He looked at me with eyes if love adoringly,
I now dance in His tender and precious love,
And all the love surely came up from above.

So what did you guys and girls think of it? It was not really that hard to write. Thank for reading and drop by a comment if you have time!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

13 comments:

Ian said...

Again, Great poem! I love the way your poems express God's love.

One small suggestion: I may just not be that great at finding a rhythm, but you might want to make your poem's rhythm a bit more consistent...OK?

Awesome poetry! And no, I don't get tired of it...It's usually all I can think of to post myself!

:)Ian(:

Araken said...

As usual, I love it!

Ian- I like your signature!

Anonymous said...

Your brain is NOT malfuctioning! You know, most of the time I don't really like poetry, but Yours and Flinn's and everyone's is just AMAZING! Don't stop posting it!

~Kaili

~Just*Flinn~ said...

Coolio!

Camden said...

Sapphira, as long as you feel called by God to write poetry, there is no way I could ever get tired of it!

~Elliot

Anonymous said...

I have told Deanna to view your blog. I don't know what happened, what made her see, but we are friends again - though some things will never be the same again.

Nice. I luff all of your poems.

~Shadow
Hug a tree or suffer~

Sapphira Adi said...

Thanks, my friends, for the great compliments. The comment above was made by a friend from church. Amy, I'm glad you and Deanna are friends again.

Araken said...

Cool! I try to spread my blog around at church! Hi Amy!

Sapphira Adi said...

Good idea, Araken! I'll ask Amy if she wants to start her own blog and ask about the YCF. I'll text message Amy and ask her.

Shelby Marie said...

That was a beautiful poem, Sapphira!
If you want to give your poems a little more rhythm, like Ian said, then I suggest watching how many syllables are in each line. Like, you know, put eight on the first and third lines and seven on the second and fourth lines, or something like that. It has helped me alot. Try it and see what happens?

Write On!!!
Shelby Marie

Anonymous said...

If it's what you like to do, go for it.

Kara Akins said...

I love it. If you're already writing like this at your young age then I simply can't wait to see what God will do next through you. Every poem, every sentence, every idea God gives you is all leading up to where He is taking you. Save them all because they will mean so much to you...God doesn't despise small beginnings... it's the very start of every great thing.

Araken said...

Sapphira? You there?