Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Prince of Peace

I wrote a poem last night that I wanted to post. First off, I am so excited that the YCF has seven members! Yay! I call my poem "Prince of Peace" because the painting by Akaine inspired me to write it. Please let me know what you think of it. I hope you guys like it. Here it is:
Prince of Peace

My heart was trapped by the chains of bondage,
Everyone seemed to hold a heartless grudge,
I yearned for sweet peace in the midst of turmoil,
Yet no violent rage ever seemed to fester or boil,

I cried out for someone to heroically save me,
To take away the sorrow that I always see,
My Prince of Peace carressed my cheek,
And wiped away my tears, so mild and meek,

He then became my Hero and my King,
Now out of pure joy I gracefully sing,
About how He purged my sin from me,
And told me of His unending love for me.

Okay, so what did you guys think of it? Everyone who has a poem they'd like to share, post it in a comment or on you blog. I love reading and writing poetry. Thank you for reading and please comment on this post! Remember God is always with you and He loves you!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

13 comments:

~Just*Flinn~ said...

Very nice. I too like poetry, but I do not believe that's my area of the writing world. I love to read it though! Very well done!

Araken said...

I really, really like it! How long have you known about Akiane?

Camden said...

That was good. Deep meaning. Great job! As for poetry, I may have to compose some...

~Elliot

Anonymous said...

that's great! I love to write and have TONS of stories begun and unfinished, but I really stink at poetry.
Great job! Keep it up!

Ian said...

Nice poem! You know, somehow, my mind was continously converting into a song....it just seems like it should be a song!

I am currently writing a poem for my book, it will be on my blog soon (yes, I know it has been a very long time since I posted anything..sorry! :)

Shelby Marie said...

Nice poem, Sapphira! Like you, I adore both reading and writing poetry...I'm actually going to post another poem on my blog tomorrow...

Araken said...

Yeah! Everyone in YCF commented!

Anonymous said...

I think it's cool but I have absolutely no sense of rythm or rhyme so I'm no help with a critque. But great thots.

Araken said...

Don't worry, Strivin' it's ok! I didn't either until a little while ago.

KaleCharis said...

Hey Saph, this is AG from DIOM.

That's a beautiful poem. It's such a beautiful reminder of what God does for us. Some hard things have happened recently and the pain just seems so overwhelming sometimes.

Anyway, thanks, I needed that.

Araken said...

Hmmm...Saph was a Biblical giant. He was killed by Sibbecai the Hushathite at Gob. Why were Biblical people and places named during sneezes?

Anonymous said...

Bible names are So bizzare! Well, anyways, we North American ENGLISH-SPEAKERS think so...

Madi said...

God has given you a great gift in writing poetry.I really enjoy it!

Madi