Saturday, April 19, 2008

Dear Mommy

We all know about abortion and how cruel it is to kill an unborn child, right? Well, there is this email forward which is a letter sent by an aborted child to her mother. It really does show you how terrible of a thing abortion is. Yes, I am back with an email forward. By the way, if I have not commented on your blog much in the past couple days, then I am sorry. I have been really busy lately with life in general. Okay, here is the forward:

Dear Mommy,

I am in Heaven now, sitting on Jesus' lap. He loves me and cries with me; for my heart has been broken. I so wanted to be your little girl.

I don't quite understand what has happened. I was so excited when I began realizing my existence. I was in a dark, yet comfortable place. I saw I had fingers and toes. I was pretty far along in my developing, yet not near ready to leave my surroundings. I spent most of my time thinking or sleeping.

Even from my earliest days, I felt a special bonding between you and me. Sometimes I heard you crying and I cried with you.Sometimes you would yell or scream, then cry. I heard Daddy yelling back. I was sad, and hoped you would be better soon. I wondered why you cried so much.

One day you cried almost all of the day. I hurt for you. I couldn't imagine why you were so unhappy. That same day, the most horrible thing happened. A very mean monster came into that warm, comfortable place I was in. I was so scared, I began screaming, but you never once tried to help me. Maybe you never heard me. The monster got closer and closer as I was screaming and screaming,"Mommy, Mommy, help me please; Mommy, help me."

Complete terror is all I felt. I screamed and screamed until I thought I couldn't anymore.Then the monster started ripping my arm off. It hurt so bad; the pain I can never explain. It didn't stop. Oh, how I begged it to stop. I screamed in horror as it ripped my leg off. Though I was in such complete pain, I was dying. I knew I would never see your face or hear you say how much you love me.

I wanted to make all your tears go away. I had so many plans to make you happy. Now I couldn't; all my dreams were shattered. Though I was in utter pain and horror, I felt the pain of my heart breaking, above all. I wanted more than anything to be your daughter. No use now, for I was dying a painful death. I could only imagine the terrible things that they had done to you. I wanted to tell you that I love you before I was gone, but I didn't know the words you could understand. And soon, I no longer had the breath to say them; I was dead.

I felt myself rising. I was being carried by a huge angel into a big beautiful place. I was still crying, but the physical pain was gone. The angel took me to Jesus and set me on His lap. He said He loved me, and He was my Father. Then I was happy. I asked Him what the thing was that killed me. He answered, "Abortion. I am sorry, my child; for I know how it feels." I don't know what abortion is; I guess that's the name of the monster.

I'm writing to say that I love you and to tell you how much I wanted to be your little girl. I tried very hard to live. I wanted to live. I had the will, but I couldn't; the monster was too powerful. It sucked my arm and legs off and finally got all of me. It was impossible to live. I just wanted you to know I tried to stay with you. I didn't want to die. Also, Mommy, please watch out for that abortion monster. Mommy, I love you and I would hate for you to go through the kind of pain I did. Please be careful.

Love,

Your Baby Girl

So tell me what your first thoughts were as soon as you finished reading that. Abortion is such a terrible thing in today's society. What are your thoughts on abortion? Do you think it is murder like I do? Abortion is just another one of the things that makes my heart hurt and ache whenever I think about the poor child. Isn't it sad? Okay, this is all I have time for today. Thanks for much for reading and please comment!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

16 comments:

Misha said...

As soon as I finished reading that I was so sad! I felt like crying -- really. I thought it was kind of funny how the baby wanted her mother to look out for the abortion monster, but it a touching, sad way.

Sometimes there are health issues, and that is why people abort. They know that it will be hard for their baby to get through their life, or it is almost certain that they will both die during birth. It's so terrible that people abort, though.

Ian said...

I can understand people who abort because they are trying to help the child and save it from a paintul life, even if I don't totatlly agree with it. I despise it when people abort just because they don't want to face the consequences of their actions! "I don't want responsibility, so I'll just kill you, taking away all your future and your entire life, never letting you see the world. Sorry, I'm too selfish to allow you a great hopeful life that will cost me something."

Murdering the defenseless - even worse than murdering someone who's alive, I think.

:)Ian(:

Paris said...

That was so sad! Abortion is terrible. Every 25 seconds someone has an abortion in the world. I think the worst part about it isn't the people who know what they're doing and don't want to take responsibility,it's when people are told that it isn't a real baby yet and that it's OK because they won't go through pain. People say women have the right to have an abortion, but 50% of the babies killed are girls who don't get the right to life.

Camden said...

That was a sad post, but it really brings reality forth. When does life begin? Do people realize that there are living organisms in the world that are only one cell? That's when life begins, right at that first cell. That's a great forward!

~Elliot

Kara Akins said...

Paris is right. A lot of young people are misinformed about abortion. Statistics show that if women view an ultrasound of their child and see that there is indeed a baby there, they opt not to abort. Many of you have been raised in a godly family. People have told you why abortion is wrong. Sadly many people, like me, grow up in families that say abortion is the right thing to do. Many people don't know the truth. They don't even know there is a heart beat by 21 days of development. With love we need to share truth. As Jesus says, "Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing." They think they know what they are doing but they don't.

Madi said...

That is so,so sad!Whenever I think about abortion it makes me want to cry.In the Declaration of Independance it says that everyone has the unaliable right to "LIFE,liberty,and the persuit of happiness."Our country says we all have the right to live,and yet they don't give it to the unborn babies of the world.I wish that everyone knew how wrong it was to abort and would put a stop to it.That's one of the things the leaders in our country should try to do,because some people are killing God's little blessings.-Madi

Gamer Girl said...

That was so sad! I hate that people say that unborn babies aren't alive. Of course they are! I can't beleive that this government considers capital punishment for murderers unconstitutional but it's fine to kill babies! Shouldn' it be the other way around?

Sapphira Adi said...

Wow! Seven comments within twenty four hours! Sweet! Okay, I'm glad you guys understood the meaning if my post. Ian, I totally agree with you about abortion and the quote in your comment. Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback!

Sapphira Adi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelby Marie said...

I agree with you completely, Sapphira. Abortion is murder, and nothing else. You know, I just turned in an argumentative essay on abortion...I hope I did well on it...

Jamin said...

I hate abortion. I live in a family of 9 children. This is THE issue I want to hammer home in a fantasy series I plan on writing.

It makes no economical or moral sense.

I believe in a book called "Pro-life answers to Pro-Choice Questions" more children are aborted annualy than all the people who died in the entire Civil War.

Our population is dropping, along with our respect for life.

I wish we had another Wilberforce to speak for these people.

Ian said...

I wonder....not to say I will do this, but what if you walked into a room where someone was about to have an abortion, and you held a knife to someone's throat? "What's the difference?"

:)Ian(:

Anonymous said...

Wow Ian. I bet that would make them think!

Abortion is nothing less than the murder of the innocent and helpless. It's selfish and evil and wrong. It's mostly just people who are too selfish and self-centered to take responsibility for their actions.
THink about it! All those babies, any one of them couldv'e grown up to be another Abraham Lincoln figure, or a wolrd-changing leader, or anything, yet they are MURDERED before they even have the chance to see the world. It's sick. It's awful.

Jamin-I would totally read that series! oh, and guess what! I'm one of 9 too! I'm oldest, where are you 'in line'?

Abortion needs to be stopped! Or at least decreased/slowed down.

Kaili

Anonymous said...

PS I recently watched a video on GodTube.com called 'A letter from Hell.' Don't let the name stop you from watching it though. It's kinda scary, and REALLY makes you think. I cried after I watched it, and I almost NEVER cry!
If you want to watch it (and I would recamend it) copy and paste this into your browser: http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=1b5bd6e3e034d00b4f73

Zoe said...

I nearly cried when I read it.

Sapphira Adi said...

I'm glad you all got the meaning of the post!

Sapphira