Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Peace

I have another poem to share with you all. This is the last one of the five poems I was going to post that I wrote in a two day period. I call it "Peace." I got some really great feedback from my last poems. I just wanted to say thank you to all my friends because I know you have my back. This poem is only eight lines, and it is shorter than my usual poems. I wanted to make this one only eight lines, though. Here it is:

Peace

Your heart was extremely pained,
And also for reasons unexplained,
You needed just a little bit of hope,
And to be freed of the captive rope,

Jesus set His joyful gaze upon you,
And He cleansed your heart anew,
Now your love shall truly increase,
All you needed was God’s peace.


So what does everyone think of the poem up above? To be honest, this one took me about four minutes. It's really cool how when i write poems they just sort of come to me. It must be a God-thing for sure;) Someone suggested that I send my poems to a magazine. There website is realteenfaith.com. Do you all think I should give it a shot? Think I might be able to get one published? If it is God's will, then I know He can make it happen. This is all I have time for to post today. Thanks for reading and please comment!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

7 comments:

Araken said...

Oh YEAH! First to comment, how cool is that?

Sapphira, most of my poems come in really short periods of time too. You ought to choose what you think is your best poem, maybe polish it a bit, and send it in to a magazine. You'd probably get it published, which is something I want to do soon.

Zoe said...

Yea, you really should!

Jamin said...

I really think you have a great chance of your work being accepted.

There aren't a lot of people who can actually write poetry. Your stuff is actually nice to read and its not hard to understand (that's a good thing!).

Read Faust and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Jamin said...

Actually, Real Teen Faith isn't a magazine. The person who runs it (Suzie Eller) uses it as ministry tool. It doesn't pay, but it's a great place to give your message. If you don't know how to send in a submission, just let me know.

Ian said...

Sapphira, that was another one of my favourit poems from you! It had a great flow, awesome and true message, and everything!

Definiely go for it. Your poems are amazing, and could probably reach out to a lot of people. And also, the more credentia and publishings you get into now, you will have a better time trying to get published later on. Getting published into magazines is something I want to try - especially since I aim to get a novel published someday. In fact, I'm already writing one!

:)Ian(:

Jamin said...

I'll write a post on writing query letters and submissions tonight. I can't say it will be perfect, but the general stuff will be covered.

Jamin said...

Ok, if you want to submit a poem to Real Teen Faith, just visit the website and look for the recent posts on the left. Find a poem by Maddee Schrader (The Spark) and you'll see a link where the author invites submissions.

You'll want to include your name, word count, and that you're offering non-exclusive rights (which means the publisher can publish it once and then the rights revert back to you). Also include your phone number or email address. You'll want to put this stuff up at the top of the email.

Good luck if you go for it!