Sunday, April 13, 2008

You Know You Are Getting Old When. . .

My church sends out these weekly newsletters in the mail to all the church members and it has things like prayer list, potlucks, fundraisers, church camp, missions trips, and things like that. Well, they had some church bloopers in the newsletter this week, and it was so funny I decided to post it here. I was going to post my other two poems today, but I will save those for a different time. By the way, be sure your are not drinking milk or something while you read this. *mischievous smile* Here it is:

You Know You Are Getting Old When. . .

1.) You and your teeth don't sleep together.

2.) You try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

3.) At the breakfast table you hear a snap, crackle, pop and you're not eating cereal.

4.) Your back goes out but you stay home

5.) It takes two tries to get up from the couch.

6.) Most of the names in your address book begin with doctor.

7.) You say something to your kids that your mother said to you, that you always hated.

8.) All you want on your birthday is to not be reminded of your age.

9.) You have more hair in your nose and your ears than you do on your head.

10.) Your idea of weight lifting is standing up.

Okay, so wasn't that a good laugh? Tell me in a comment which number was your favorite. They were pretty funny, weren't they? I think that I liked number two the best, or maybe number five. Well, that at least gave you a good laugh for the day, right? I hope so, because God enjoys it when you laugh:) Okay, that's pretty much all I really have to say today. Thanks for reading and please drop by a comment!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

6 comments:

Misha said...

My favorite was definately #2! :)

Ian said...

I dunno....I think I liked #10!

Oh, and about your comment on my blog, I knew it was you because I just knew. Plus, before you even came into the dream, I seemed to know you were coming...don't ask.

:)Ian(:

Zuzu said...

Those are funny! I like number 2 also!

"You say something to your kids that your mother said to you, that you always hated." My mom did that today. :) She said she always hated it when her mom asked her if she got any compiments on her new clothes. Today after church she asked me "Did you get any compliments on your new skirt?" lol. :)

Anonymous said...

Haahaa! I like numbers 4 and 9!

Zoe said...

lol! Those are funny! I think I liked # 1... why not be different!? lol!

@ Zuzu...
lol! That's funny!
My mom asks me that all the time!

Shelby Marie said...

One, Two, and Six were my favorites.
As for all the poetry you posted while I was gone...they are absolutely beautiful! You are a master poet and don't you ever let anyone tell you otherwise!