Thursday, April 10, 2008

Love

The poem I am about to post is about love, and, of course, I call it "Love." Original, huh? This poem can either be talking about love between two people or between God and a person. It could fit either one, I think. This poem took me like four minutes to write, and it sort of just came to me. I have a third poem I wrote that I am saving for tomorrow because I think it was the best one out of the three I wrote yesterday. Here it is:

Love

There is nothing greater than love,
Love is always in hearts, thereof,
It can withstand any ugly snare,
Through hardship, it is still there,

It renews a wounded heart,
Love will never fully depart,
People need to feel love,
It surely comes from above.


So what do you think of this one? My best friend said she really, really liked it. It wasn't very long, but I think it gets the point across. The one for tomorrow is twelve lines, in case you were wondering. I got some awesome feedback about yesterday's poem, and so I wanted to say I am glad you all liked it. Support from friends like you all make my poetry writing worth while Thanks, everyone! I have decided for these poems to include a verse pertaining to the poem. Here is my verse:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

That is an awesome verse, in my opinion. That verse describes love so much better than my poem, but that poem was my meager contribution to defining love. Okay, so that was the post for today, and I am also out of words to say. So, please leave a comment about what you thought of the poem, if you can. Thanks for reading today's and drop by a comment if you have some time!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

5 comments:

Ian said...

That poem, once again, is a near perfect description of love. I came across the verse the other day in my Bible, and PI thought it was a great verse, too.

:)Ian(:

Misha said...

Wow! You are really good at poetry! :) That's a great gift. It's a gift you can use to serve God as well. Wow, your poetry is so GOOD!!!

~Just*Flinn~ said...

I liked it a lot. Love is such an amazing gift from God. Yet sadly, many take it for granted and use it as an excuse to fullfill some want they have. It amazes me how the word love gets used as a passing thing. You can say...

"I love that pizza!" But with the same word you can say...

"I love my family!" lol

Zoe said...

Yes, that is once again a really good poem and a really good description of love.

I love that verse too. I think about it often actually.

Sapphira Adi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.