Sunday, April 6, 2008

Poetry

I have to make this a fairly brief post so I am going to post this poem I wrote that describes God the way He is to me. It's not a very long poem, only eight lines, but it describes God in my own words and how personal He is to me. Please let me know if you like the poem. It really didn't take me too long to write it (five minutes).

God

God is my closest friend,
And will be until the end,
He comforts my fears,
And wipes away my tears,

His love is enough,
His grace is no bluff,
I dance in His love,
It all came from above.

Not the best poem I have ever written, but it describes God how I see Him and how He is my friend and not some big boss guy in heaven shouting out orders to get everything done. Do you see God as your friend that understands you? I see God as my Friend, and also as someone who I can look up to. He's a great role model:) Also, I have a new poll on the sidebar so check that out. By the way, I am very pleased to type to say that Zoe has joined the YCF! Woohoo! So how many members do we have now? Thanks for reading and drop by a comment!

God bless you!

Sapphira Adi

8 comments:

Zoe said...

I like that poem. I write poems too, but they hardly ever rhyme! lol!

Zoe said...

Can I add you and some of the other YCF members (the ones I know of) to my link list?

Ian said...

Well, it showed me your vision of God, so I think it must be well written. The need to rhyme can often make some lines sound awkward, dont you think?

Welcome Zoe! If you know about my blog, you can add a link to it...:)

:)Ian(:

Anonymous said...

Hey, if it comes from your heart, its the best poem in the world!

Heya Zoe! Your blog is cool!

Araken said...

Well met, Zoe! Ye be our four and tenth member!

Zoe said...

14! Cool!

Ian said...

14? I though she was the 13th...maybe I'm just really out of it...

:)Ian(:

Shelby Marie said...

Welcome Zoe!
Sapphira, great poem! 'Twas beautiful!